Sunday, August 27, 2006
art in place - Totem Pole day 3
I made good progress today. The bottom head is starting to come out looking a lot like an olmec head. I'm not so crazy about the middle head right now, and i think it may change some more. It might split into two heads back to back. I also added a top head, cherry wood from an old log i had hanging around.
A dilemma right now is whether I add a new larger head at the bottom to balance the transition between the steadily decreasing diameter of wood i'm using; get another piece of wood from my stock; or go with what i have and see if i can make the transition work smoothly.